Truck accidents can result in serious injuries and even death. The trucking industry makes billions a year. Truck companies and drivers have a responsibility to protect the safety of others on the road. However, when truck drivers make errors, or when truck drivers and companies violate the law, accidents can happen. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a truck accident law firm in Miami, Florida that works closely with victims and their families to help them pursue a recovery from negligent truck companies and drivers. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck crash, reach out to Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. today. Here are some examples of the truck accident types and cases we can handle:
- Jackknife Truck Accident. Jackknife accidents occur when a truck’s trailer overtakes the cabin, forming an “L” shape in the road. These kinds of accidents can be incredibly dangerous, because the truck can slide onto neighboring lanes of traffic, colliding with passenger vehicles and even sweeping them under the trailer. Trucks often jackknife because the truck’s tires have lost traction on the road. This can occur if drivers don’t modify their speeds to account for slippery roads. Improper braking, driver inexperience, and even driver inattention can lead to a truck jackknifing. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck jackknife accident in Miami, Florida, Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a truck accident law firm that may be able to assist you.
- Tire Blowouts. When a tire blows, it can result in a sudden loss of control of the vehicle. Tire blowouts can occur for many reasons. Overloaded trucks, improper maintenance, and low tire pressure can result in tire blowouts. Truck companies and drivers have a responsibility to properly maintain their vehicles and to keep logs of maintenance. If a truck company failed to properly maintain its fleet, and you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident, you may have the right to make a claim under the law. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a truck accident law firm in Miami, Florida that may be able to investigate truck maintenance logs, and help you and your family seek damages following a truck accident.
- Blind Spot Accidents. Trucks have very wide blind spots. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, truck blind spots include space 20 feet in front of the truck, one lane to the left of the truck, and two lanes to the right of the truck, as well as 30 feet behind the truck. Truck drivers have a responsibility to be aware of their blind spots and to properly signal before changing lanes. When drivers are inexperienced, fatigued, or distracted, blind spot accidents can occur. If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck blind spot accident, reach out to Orlando R. Murillo, P.A., a truck accident lawyer in Miami, Florida today.
- Underride Accidents. Large trucks have high clearances beneath them. Truck owners are required to equip their trucks with barriers to prevent passenger vehicles from sliding beneath them. However, not all trucks have side barriers. Underride accidents can result in serious injuries and even death. If you or someone you love was hurt in an underride truck accident, you may have the right to seek damages for your losses. Contact the truck accident lawyers at Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. in Miami, Florida to learn more.
- Lost Loads. Another way truck drivers and truck companies can cause accidents is by failing to properly secure their loads. When truck loads end up in the road, they can cause serious injury and accidents when cars collide with road debris. If you have been injured because of road debris caused by a lost load, Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a Miami, Florida truck accident law firm that may be able to help.
- Wide Turn Accidents. Trucks have a wide turn radius. Drivers have a responsibility to properly gauge how much space they’ll need to perform a turn. Driver inexperience or distraction can cause wide turn accidents.
These are just some of the types of truck accidents and their causes. The aftermath of a truck accident can be a confusing time for victims and their families. You might be facing high medical bills, lost wages due to missed days from work, and other losses. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a truck accident law firm in Miami, Florida that offers free consultations during which our truck accident attorney can review your case, investigate the factors leading to your crash, and help you pursue a claim to the fullest extent under the law. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Contact our lawyers today to learn more. Or, reach out to USAttorneys.com to get connected with a lawyer at Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. today.