If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or suffered an injury on the job, the immediate aftermath of your accident can be a confusing and stressful time. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a car accident, truck accident, and worker’s compensation lawyer in Miami, Florida who works closely with accident victims to help them seek damages from negligent parties and to assist them with insurance claims. You and your family may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a Miami, Florida car accident, worker’s compensation, and truck accident attorney who may be able to help. Here are some immediate steps you can take after a serious injury to protect your rights. Of course, this information is not meant to replace the counsel of a personal injury lawyer.
- Get Medical Attention for Yourself and for Any Victims Involved. If you have been in a car or truck accident, it is your obligation under the law to stop and render aid. Call for medical help, and only move a victim if instructed to do so by emergency personnel or if a victim is in immediate danger. Whether you’ve been hurt in a car or truck accident or in a worker’s compensation injury, the first step should be to stop and get medical attention. Always follow the instructions of your doctor and keep any records doctors provide you. This information could prove valuable when you need to make a personal injury claim.
- Report the Accident. Under Florida law, you are required by law to report a car accident if it involves death or injury to another person, if the accident may have involved a violation of certain traffic laws, if the other vehicle involved is a truck or commercial vehicle, or if one or both of the vehicles are rendered inoperable and need to be towed from the accident scene. However, even if none of these apply, you may still want to report the accident to police, because it can be helpful to have a police report when making an insurance claim or when seeking damages from negligent parties. If you have been involved in a workplace accident, report the accident to your manager or employer as soon as possible.
- Gather Important Information. In the aftermath of any accident, information is power. If you’ve been in a car accident, get the names, addresses, and contact information of other drivers involved. Record the names of any witnesses who may have seen your accident take place. Get the other driver’s insurance information and record the vehicle’s make, model, year, color, and license plate number. If you’ve been hurt in a workplace accident, ask your employer how you can make a worker’s compensation claim. Your employer is permitted to suggest a doctor for you, so if you’ve been hurt, it is important to speak to your employer to learn about in-network doctors.
- Take Photos. A picture can often tell more than 1000 words. While it is still wise to write down details you can remember from the accident, if you can take photos of damage to your vehicle and any injuries you might have sustained, this can also be helpful when making a claim.
- Make an Insurance Claim. You may be required to report your car or truck accident to insurance companies right away. If you’ve been hurt in a workplace accident, your employer may make a worker’s compensation claim for you. But if your employer is delaying in making a claim, or is telling you that you don’t qualify for worker’s compensation, you may still be able to make a claim yourself. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a car, truck, and worker’s compensation lawyer in Miami, Florida who may be able to help you if you are having difficulty with a claim. Our attorneys can speak to insurance adjusters, estimate the value of your claim, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer Today. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a car, truck, and worker’s compensation lawyer in Miami, Florida who may be able to help you with your claims following a serious injury. Whether you’ve been hurt on the job or in a crash, you may have the right to seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a personal injury lawyer in Miami, Florida who may be able to help you.
You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. may be able to help. Contact our Miami, Florida car accident lawyers and worker’s compensation attorneys today. In the aftermath of a serious accident, you may be stressed, confused, and uncertain about what next steps you should take. Our law firm may be able to help you.