If you have been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or are experiencing difficulty with a Worker’s Compensation claim, a personal injury lawyer like Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. in Miami, Florida may be able to assist you with pursuing a claim with negligent parties, seeking a settlement from insurance companies, and helping you understand what your claim might be worth. Choosing the right law firm to represent your personal injury case if you need assistance can be one of the most important steps you can take after you or a loved one has suffered an accident. But, how do you find the right lawyer for your case? Asking the right questions, taking the time to get to know an attorney before hiring him or her, and choosing the lawyer with whom you feel comfortable who best matches your needs is essential. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a personal injury law firm in Miami, Florida that offers clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case, get to know you better, and determine whether we are a good match for your case. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation with our firm.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer During Your First Meeting
Think of your first meeting with your personal injury lawyer as an interview. You’re getting to know your lawyer better and your lawyer is also getting to know you and the details of your case. If you are a good match for your attorney, the attorney may offer to represent you. What are some questions you may want to ask before retaining a personal injury lawyer?
- In what areas of the law do you specialize? Not all personal injury attorneys handle all types of claims. Some personal injury lawyers work only with Worker’s Compensation clients, while others only handle car accidents. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a personal injury lawyer in Miami, Florida who assists individuals who have been hurt in truck accidents, car accidents, and workplace accidents. We can help you navigate various aspects of the claims process, from negotiating with insurance adjusters to appealing a Worker’s Compensation claim, to seeking damages from negligent parties.
- Do you take cases to court? While many cases can be settled outside of court, sometimes agreements cannot be reached through negotiation. You may be able to negotiate a better out of court settlement with a lawyer who is willing to litigate. Litigation is generally seen as a last resort, but you may want to work with a lawyer who isn’t afraid to go to trial, especially if you have suffered serious injuries. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a personal injury lawyer in Miami, Florida who can review your case and provide you with a road map forward. Not all cases need to go to court, but our lawyers can help you understand what the next steps in your case might be.
- How long will my case take to settle? Again, every case is unique and unexpected circumstances can arise, but your personal injury lawyer should be able to provide a clear roadmap forward about what steps might need to be taken to settle your claim.
- When can I reach you? Is your personal injury lawyer available when you are? This is important because if you’ve been injured, finances might be tight and you want an attorney whose schedule might better match yours.
- What is your fee schedule? An attorney may only get paid if you win, but you’ll want to understand what percentage of your claim will be paid to your lawyer if you win.
These are just some questions you might want to ask as you decide whether to work with a particular attorney. Ultimately, you’ll want to choose a personal injury lawyer with whom you feel comfortable. You may need to share private information about your injuries and sensitive information about your medical history. The more information your attorney has, the better able he or she will be to help you. This is why finding an accident lawyer with whom you feel comfortable is important. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a Miami, Florida accident lawyer who works closely with clients to help them get the results they may deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation to learn more.
What Should You Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been hurt in a car, truck, or workplace accident, you’ll want to look for a lawyer you can trust who can help you navigate the claims process. Laws can be complex and sometimes the claims process can be challenging. A personal injury attorney who can explain the process to you in plain English and stand beside you every step of the way may be best able to help you. Orlando R. Murillo, P.A. is a personal injury lawyer who offers compassionate and caring counsel to injury victims in Miami, Florida. Contact our firm today to meet with our attorney and learn more about whether we are a good match for you.